Friday, August 7, 2009
Ham & Cheese Loaf
• 1 lb. refrigerator dough (I used the Pillsbury french loaf)
• 1 pkg. (9 oz.) Deli Fresh Shaved Smoked Ham (you can use any kind of meat you like)
• 1 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
• Tiny bit of mayo for spreading on bread
• 1 egg, beaten
• 1 Tbsp. Grated Parmesan Cheese
Preheat oven to 350°F. Flatten dough on lightly floured surface with hands. Roll into 12×8-inch rectangle with rolling pin. (If dough is difficult to roll, cover with plastic wrap and let stand at room temperature for 30 min. before rolling out.) Spread a little bit of mayo on bread dough. Top with ham to within 1/2 inch of edges. Top with shredded cheese.
Moisten edges of dough with water. Starting at one of the long sides, fold one-third of dough over filling; repeat with other long side. Pinch seams together to seal. Place, seam-side down, on lightly greased baking sheet. Cut three diagonal slits in top of dough with kitchen shears. Brush with egg; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Bake 35 to 40 min. or until golden brown. Cool 10 min. before slicing.
I would check at about 25-30 minutes, as the egg wash will make your bread get golden brown rather quickly (trust me : )