Friday, August 20, 2010
White Chocolate Chip Macadamia Nut Cookies
Honestly, this is the best cookie dough/beater licking ever. I knew from the fragrant, salty-sweet batter that we were in for a treat.
Makes about 3 dozen cookies.
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoons baking soda
10 ounces white chocolate (chips or bars cut in chunks)
1 cup macadamia nuts, chopped into chunks
Heat oven to 375 F. In large bowl, beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, and salt with electric mixer until creamy. Add eggs, beat well. Stir together flour, and the baking soda; gradually add to butter mixture,beating until well blended. Stir in white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until set. (Edges are golden brown and center is set.) Cool slightly, remove from cookie sheet to wire rack to cool completely
• 1/2 cup butter
• 3/4 cup white sugar
• 1 egg
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 8 ounces white chocolate, chopped
• 1 (6.5 ounce) jar macadamia nuts, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2. In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Stir in the egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt, stir into the creamed mixture. Finally, stir in the white chocolate and nuts. Drop cookies by heaping teaspoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet, about 2 inches apart.
3. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, until lightly browned. Cool on wire racks. When cool, store in an airtight container.
Great base recipe - I only made minor adjustments to make them delicious. First, I doubled the recipe excep kept the chocolate/nuts measurements the same. Second, I made it 1 tbsp vanilla. Third, I added 1/2 tsp cinnamon. Then I chilled the dough for about 10-15 min before scooping. I baked at 350 for 10 min in my oven until the edges were just brown. They didn't spread much at all, weren't too cakey, and were absolutely devine the next day.
HOLY 5 STARS!!!!!! Yum!! I doubled the recipe- but used 12oz of white chips and about 10oz of macadamia nuts! This is the best white chocolate macadamia nut cookie recipe I've ever used- and I've tried many because these are my husband's favorite kind of cookie! Thanks so much!!