Friday, August 20, 2010
Fluffy French Toast
• 1 cup milk
• 1 pinch salt
• 3 eggs
• 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 tablespoon white sugar
• 12 thick slices bread
1. Measure flour into a large mixing bowl. Slowly whisk in the milk. Whisk in the salt, eggs, cinnamon, vanilla extract and sugar until smooth.
2. Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium heat.
3. Soak bread slices in mixture until saturated. Cook bread on each side until golden brown. Serve hot.
(I also use Butter Crisco to make grilled cheese. Sounds weird, maybe, but tastes and looks great.) The leftover French toast can be stored in the fridge or freezer and reheats well (nice and crispy on the outside) in the toaster.
I have also froze it with wax paper between each slice and it made really quick and easy breakfast.