Friday, August 6, 2010

Slow Cooker Pot Roast

• (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
• 1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
• 1 1/4 cups water
• 5 1/2 pounds pot roast

1. In a slow cooker, mix cream of mushroom soup, dry onion soup mix and water. Place pot roast in slow cooker and coat with soup mixture.

2. Cook on High setting for 3 to 4 hours, or on Low setting for 8 to 9 hours.

Used a 4 lb. angus bottom round roast.  I  flour the roast with flour, granulated garlic, salt and pepper. Then I browned it on all sides in a little olive oil. While it was browning on the stove, I added the rest of the ingredients to the slow cooker, I also put in two 4 oz. cans of mushrooms, substituded the water for beef broth (same amount) and when the roast was done browning, I put it in the slow cooker and covered it with the mixture in the slow cooker. I also cooked it on low for 4 hours then high for the rest of the time. It came out VERY tender. No need to thicken the gravy, because the flour thickened it while it was cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment