Wednesday, August 4, 2010
Foil DInner Tips
With summer winding down I thought I would share a thing or two we have learned about foil dinners and how to make them the very best.
• Line the foil with a leaf of cabbage to keep your dinner from burning.
• Use tater tots instead of plain potatoes to cook faster and add more flavor
• Ingredients we like to use: Hamburger patty, tater tots, onion, any other veggie we have around (Broccoli, Cauliflower, Zucchini, carrots, snow or sugar snap peas, etc)
• Add onion to flavor even if you don't like to eat it
• Add salt and pepper over the whole thing
• Use two layers of regular foil or one layer of heavy duty, roll the edges to form a pouch.
• If customizing the dinners to people's preferences, use a sharpie to mark with initials
There's nothing like unwrapping a pouch full of fire cooked goodness just when the air starts to get a little cool at night.