Thursday, August 26, 2010

Hot Fudge Sauce

I made homemade hot fudge for our Family Night last night, and as we were devouring it, I thought to myself how perfect it would be to give as a gift.

So, I poured the leftover fudge into small canning jars (next time I'll use wide-mouthed, but this is what I had in my pantry), spray painted the lid cream, then added a darling label ("This year will be sweet, with you as my teacher!) and some ribbon.

This tag is for a first day of school gift, but it could easily be changed to an end of the year gift as well. And how yummy for holiday neighbor gifts?

Whether you give it as a gift, or make it for your family, this simple recipe is sure to please. In under 15 minutes, you can have delicious hot fudge sauce, using ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry.

Hot Fudge Sauce

6 T. butter
2 c. powdered sugar
3 T. cocoa
1 c. evaporated milk

Over low heat melt butter thoroughly. Add sugar and cocoa. Mix well, then gradually add milk. Bring to a boil, and boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from stove, then serve warm or cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment