Wednesday, August 4, 2010
• 1 (8 ounce) can (8 to 10 count) artichoke hearts in water, drained
• 1/2 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
• 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
• 1 lemon, juiced
• 1/2 cup butter
• 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
• 1 tablespoon finely shredded imported Romano cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
2. Arrange the shrimp in the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Gently squeeze any excess liquid from the artichoke hearts, break the hearts into quarters, and arrange in spaces between the shrimp. Sprinkle the bread crumbs and parsley over the shrimp and artichoke hearts; sprinkle lemon juice over the crumbs.
3. Melt butter with garlic in a small saucepan over medium-low heat; drizzle the butter mixture over the bread crumbs. Sprinkle the top with Romano cheese.
4. Bake in the preheated oven until the crumbs and cheese brown lightly and the shrimp turn opaque and orange-pink in color, 10 to 12 minutes. Serve hot.