Thursday, August 5, 2010
Slider-Style Mini Burgers
• 1 (1.25 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
• 1/2 cup mayonnaise
• 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
• 24 dinner rolls, split (King Hawaiian Sweet Dinner Rolls)
• 1/2 cup sliced pickles (optional)
• Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray.
• Lay the bottoms of the dinner rolls on the prepared baking sheet. Spread the cheese and beef mixture on the bottom half of each roll. Replace the tops. Cover with another sheet of aluminum foil sprayed with cooking spray.
• Bake in the preheated oven until the burgers are heated through and cheese melts, about 30 minutes. Serve with sliced pickles.
***I add a special butter sauce to the top, borrowed from another great recipe. Here it is: 2 tbsp minced onion flakes, 1 tbsp worchestershire sauce, 1 tbsp Dijon or Spicey Mustard (not the regular yellow), 1/2 cup melted butter. You melt these together and brush ontop of the buns just before you put in the oven to bake.