Friday, August 20, 2010
Green Chili Chicken Burgers
• 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
• 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
• 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
• salt and pepper to taste
• 1 pound ground chicken breast
• 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chile peppers, drained
• 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded if desired and finely diced
• 3 green onions, finely chopped
• 1 tablespoon dried oregano
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon garlic powder
• ground black pepper to taste
• 4 slices Cheddar cheese
• 4 hamburger buns, split
• 1 cup shredded lettuce
• 1/3 cup salsa
1. To make the guacamole, place the avocado, cilantro, sour cream, chili powder, salt, and pepper in a food processor and pulse until smooth..
2. Mix chicken, canned chiles, jalapeno pepper, green onions, oregano, salt, garlic powder, and pepper in a bowl. Form the mixture into 4 patties.
3. Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat.
4. Lightly oil the grill grate. Grill each patty 5 minutes per side, until well done. Move the patties to a cooler area of the grill to keep warm, and top each patty with a slice of Cheddar cheese. Lightly grill the buns while the cheese is melting.
5. Spread the bottom of each bun with guacamole, and top with 1/4 cup of shredded lettuce and a grilled chicken burger. Spoon 1 tablespoon of salsa on each burger and top with the other half of the bun to serve.