Wednesday, June 16, 2010
Maple Bacon Pancake
• 1 cup baking mix
• 1 1/4 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
• 1/2 cup milk
• 1/4 cup maple syrup
• 2 tablespoons white sugar
• 2 eggs
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside. Spray a 9 inch pie plate with non-stick cooking spray.
3. In a large bowl, beat together baking mix, 3/4 cup cheddar cheese, milk, maple syrup, sugar and eggs until only small lumps of cheese remain. Pour into prepared pie plate.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of pancake comes out clean. Sprinkle bacon and remaining 1/2 cup cheese over top of pancake. Bake until cheese melts, about 3 to 5 minutes.
Amount Per Serving Calories: 441
Total Fat: 28.6g
**It needs to be baked at 375 degrees for 20 minutes, then an additional 5 minutes after adding topping. Also I recommend mixing all or at least half of the bacon into the batter.