Wednesday, June 16, 2010
Grill Master Chicken Wings
• 1/2 cup soy sauce
• 1/2 cup Italian-style salad dressing
• 3 pounds chicken wings, cut apart at joints, wing tips discarded
• 1/4 cup butter
• 1 teaspoon soy sauce
• 1/4 cup hot pepper sauce (such as Frank's RedHot®), or to taste
1. Combine 1/2 cup soy sauce, Italian dressing, and chicken wings in a large, zip-top bag. Close bag and refrigerate 4 hours to overnight.
2. Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat. In a small saucepan, melt the butter. Stir in the 1 teaspoon soy sauce and the hot pepper sauce. Turn off heat and reserve.
3. Remove the chicken wings from the marinade and pat dry. Cook the wings on the preheated grill, turning occasionally, until the chicken is well browned and no longer pink, 25 to 30 minutes.
4. Place grilled wings in a large bowl. Pour butter sauce over wings; toss to mix well.
• The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the marinade ingredients. The actual amount of the marinade consumed will vary.
Amount Per Serving Calories: 181
Total Fat: 14.6g
It was pouring rain, so we baked them at 400 degrees for 45 minutes instead of grilling, and they were perfect. The soy sauce in the marinade caramelizes and makes these wings a gorgeous golden brown. They are mouthwatering-lick-the-bones-clean-and-fight-for-the-last wing good. Can't wait for the Super Bowl so that we can try them on the grill.
I doubled the marinade I made 6 pounds of wings, and marinated for 24 hours, I grilled them over Kingsford hickory charcoal, for about 20 to 25 mins to get a nice crisp and a little char on them, then popped them in a 325 degree oven for about 20 mins since I used some large wings.