Wednesday, June 16, 2010
Amazing Crusted Chicken
• 1 cup French-fried onions, crushed
• 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
• 2 teaspoons sesame seed, toasted
• salt and ground black pepper to taste
• 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut in half
• 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
1. Preheat an oven to . Spray a baking dish with cooking spray. Preheat an oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2. Mix cheese-flavored crackers, French-fried onions, Italian bread crumbs, sesame seeds, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Set aside.
3. Wash and pat chicken breasts dry. Spread a thin layer of mayonnaise on one side of each piece and place mayonnaise-side down in the cracker mixture. Spread a thin layer of mayonnaise on the other side of the chicken and cover with the cracker mixture, patting firmly into the chicken. Place chicken breasts on the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle remaining cracker mixture on top; lightly spray the chicken with cooking spray.
4. Bake in the preheated oven until the chicken breasts are no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, 35 to 40 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).