Friday, June 11, 2010
Beefy Baked Ravioli
• 1 pound ground beef
• 1/2 (25 ounce) package frozen cheese ravioli
• 1 (14 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
• 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
• 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
• 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
• 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
2. Crumble the ground beef into a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir until no longer pink. Drain grease, then stir in the spaghetti sauce and tomatoes.
3. Spread 1/3 of the sauce in the bottom of an 11x7 inch baking dish. Arrange 1/2 of the ravioli over the sauce. Sprinkle 1/2 of the mozzarella cheese and 1/2 of the Monterey Jack cheese over the ravioli. Repeat layers, ending with the last of the sauce on top. Cover with aluminum foil.
4. Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the top before serving.
Mmm, good stuff. I use Italian sausage instead of beef, a whole 25 oz bag of ravioli, and a bag of my own frozen tomatoes. I add chopped onion and green pepper while frying the meat and a small can of tomato paste to make the sauce thicker. Oh, and I double the cheese, 2 cups on each layer. The recipe doesn't say so, but you must cook the ravioli before assembling this. Just cook according to package directions.