Wednesday, June 16, 2010
Best Pizza Crust
• 2 cups bread flour
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 tablespoon white sugar
• 1 tablespoon nonfat dry milk powder
• 1 tablespoon margarine
• 1/3 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
1. Combine flour, salt, sugar, dry milk, butter or margarine, yeast, and warm water. Gather into a ball. Turn out an a lightly floured surface, and knead until the dough is smooth. Place in a well oiled bowl, and turn to coat the surface. Cover with a damp cloth, and place in a warm spot for 2 hours.
2. Punch down the dough. Roll out to fit a 14 inch pizza pan. Allow to rise until doubled in size.
3. Bake at 375 degrees F ( 190 degrees C) until crust is a very light brown color. Remove from oven.
4. Place desired toppings on the pizza. Bake for 20 minutes, or until toppings are done
Tip: If there's a problem with the dryness of the dough- use milk to bring it together.