Wednesday, June 16, 2010
• 1 clove garlic, minced
• 2 (6 ounce) cans artichoke hearts, drained
• 1/2 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
• 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
• 1 (9 inch) unbaked 9 inch pie crust
• 3 eggs, beaten
• 1 (8 ounce) package mozzarella cheese, shredded
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute garlic until it starts to brown. Stir in the artichoke hearts and cook 10 minutes before adding the bread crumbs and half of the parmesan cheese. When heated through, transfer half of artichoke mixture to pie crust.
3. Pour eggs over artichoke mixture and sprinkle in the rest of the parmesan cheese. Spoon the rest of the artichoke mixture into the pie and top with mozzarella cheese.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until crust begins to brown.
Amount Per Serving Calories: 365
Total Fat: 22.7g
**I suggest a few revisions..substitute 3/6oz. jars of marinated artichoke hearts for the two cans; it really ups the flavor. You can add up to two more eggs to stretch this recipe out - the filling will rise about an inch over the crust, but won't spill before before it firms up. I added 1 tablespoon of sour cream ( heavy cream) for each egg, and this was wonderfully moist. Last, I used a sun-dried-tomato and basil flavored mozarella, and thought it really added something. Thanks!
**Add some leftover spinach to the mix and it was even better.