Friday, June 11, 2010
Green Beans With Walnuts
• 2 tablespoons butter
• 1 cup chopped walnuts
• 2 tablespoons walnut oil
• 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
• ground black pepper to taste
• salt to taste
1. Place the walnuts on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 5 to 8 minutes.
2. Cook beans in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender, about 5 minutes. Drain. Rinse beans with cold water, and drain well. Can be prepared 6 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature.
3. Melt butter or margarine with oil in heavy large skillet over high heat. Add beans and toss until heated through, about 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add walnuts and parsley and toss. Transfer to bowl and serve.
Amount Per Serving Calories: 189
Total Fat: 16.2g