Friday, June 11, 2010
Crispy Rosemary Chicken and Fries
• 6 small red potatoes, quartered
• 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, or as needed
• 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
• 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
• 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
• salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2. Place chicken and potatoes into a large bowl. Pour olive oil over them, and stir to coat. Scatter the chicken and potato pieces in a large baking dish, or cookie sheet with sides. Sprinkle with rosemary, oregano, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
3. Bake for 1 hour in the preheated oven, uncovered. Baste during the last 15 minutes for extra crispness.
This recipe was incredible. I did make a few changes though. As listed previously, I peeled back the skin and seasoned the chicken. I also used fresh garlic (about 4 gloves) and fresh rosemary but dried oregano. I marinated the meat and potatoes together for an hour before cooking. The chicken was beautiful-wonderful flavor and juicy inside, cripsy out. The potatoes I cut into wedges and they were lovely as well.