Thursday, December 17, 2009
Warm Mushroom Spread
• 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
• 1 small onion, chopped
• 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
• 1 cup sour cream
• 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
• 1 pinch salt and pepper to taste
• 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2. Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in the mushrooms and onion, and cook until tender. Sprinkle with the flour. Reduce heat to low, and continue cooking 5 minutes. Mix in sour cream and lemon juice, and season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a small casserole dish, and top with Parmesan cheese.
3. Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven, until bubbly.