Thursday, December 17, 2009

Breakfast Smoothie

Ingredients
• 1 banana
• 6 strawberries
• 1 kiwi
• 1/2 cup vanilla frozen yogurt
• 3/4 cup pineapple and orange juice blend

Directions

1. Place the banana, strawberries, kiwi, vanilla frozen yogurt, and pineapple and orange juice blend in a blender. Blend until smooth.

**Great smoothie...I am a breakfast smoothie junkie! Just changed a tad for a healthier route. I used half a banana, the given amount of strawberry and kiwi and reg vanilla yogurt not frozen. I left out the juice to save calories. I added 9 almonds for some healthy fat (ya need to eat good fat in order to lose it). With that it was a perfectly balanced smoothie that is a good jump start to your day. I added all ingredients into blender with a dab of water to make it blend nice...then I added a cup of ice to give it a great smoothie texture. Oh and for the real health conscience..instead of yogurt go for the scoop of protein powder that comes in fabulous flavors



No comments:

Post a Comment