• 1 (16 ounce) container prepared chocolate frosting
• 1 (3 ounce) bar chocolate flavored confectioners coating
1. Prepare the cake mix according to package directions using any of the recommended pan sizes. When cake is done, crumble while warm into a large bowl, and stir in the frosting until well blended.
2. Melt chocolate coating in a glass bowl in the microwave, or in a metal bowl over a pan of simmering water, stirring occasionally until smooth.
3. Use a melon baller or small scoop to form balls of the chocolate cake mixture. Dip the balls in chocolate using a toothpick or fork to hold them. Place on waxed paper to set.
#1) Bake cake as directed.
#2) Let the cake COOL for at least a half hour! Don't mix in the frosting while HOT! You will get a gooey, albeit yummy, mess!
#3) I used a handmixer to mix the cake and frosting.
#4) Put this mixture in the refrigerator, covered, for at least 3 hours but I did it overnight and it was perfect. #5) Using your hands, roll the balls bite size. I used a foil covered cookie sheet because I was out of wax paper. Wax paper is preferred.
#6) Stick the balls in the freezer for an hour.
#7) Melt up whatever chocolate you prefer
#8) Using a toothpick, pick up the balls and dip in the chocolate. Using a second toothpick in the other hand help the ball slid off the toothpick.
#9) Place in refrigerator to set.
#10) Enjoy, these are SUPERB!!!!!!!!
NOTE: If your balls fall off the toothpick into the chocolate they are not frozen enough. 9) Place in refrigerator to set. 10) Enjoy, these are SUPERB!!!!!!!!
- Dark chocolate cake and cream cheese frosting.
- White cake mix and mint chocolate chip icing - Dipped in chocolate confectioners coating
- French vanilla cake with white chocolate almond icing. – Dipped in chocolate confectioners coating.
- Red velvet with cream cheese icing and vanilla confectioners coating. **see cream cheese icing recipe at end!
- Red velvet with cream cheese icing dipped into milk chocolate coating.
- Chocolate cake, milk chocolate icing, dipped into chocolate bark.
- Lemon cake with lemon frosting and dip them in whit chocolate.
- Lemon cake mixed in white chocolate chips and lemon frosting, dipped in white chocolate.
- Spice cake with cream cheese frosting and coated them with white chocolate coating.
- Cherry chip cake mix and cream cheese frosting dipped in white chocolate.
- Fudge cake, mixed in peppermint chips and fudge frosting. Dip in dark chocolate.
- Chocolate fudge cake mix and coconut pecan frosting dipped into chocolate.
- Chocolate cake, butter cream icing, and dark chocolate coating.
- Chocolate cake/chocolate icing and dipped into raspberry/chocolate chips are melted with a bit of oil.
- German chocolate cake mix with coconut pecan frosting & dipped in melted semi sweet chocolate chips.
- Strawberry with vanilla frosting, dipped in chocolate.
- Carrot cake with cream cheese frost
8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
6 T. butter, softened
1 t. vanilla
1T. cream (or milk)
3 cups powdered sugar
Make the frosting by combining all the frosting ingredients in a bowl. Beat on low with beaters until smooth.