Thursday, December 17, 2009
Luscious Slush Punch
• 6 cups water
• 2 (3 ounce) packages strawberry flavored gelatin mix
• 1 (46 fluid ounce) can pineapple juice
• 2/3 cup lemon juice
• 1 quart orange juice
• 2 (2 liter) bottles lemon-lime flavored carbonated beverage
1. In a large saucepan, combine sugar, water, and strawberry flavored gelatin. Boil for 3 minutes. Stir in pineapple juice, lemon juice, and orange juice. Divide mixture in half, and freeze in 2 separate containers.
2. When ready to serve, place the frozen contents of one container in a punch bowl, and stir in 1 bottle of lemon-lime soda until slushy.
I have nade this with Splenda, sugar-free jello and Diet Sprite/ 7UP. It's perfect for those who can't have sugar and those of us who are watching our carbs and calories.
It's become a family favorite and gets requested by lot of folks to have the recipe! This is a great punch, just allow extra time for freezing. I divide the punch into 2- 1 gallon freezer Ziploc bags that I place on a sheetcake pan in my freezer until frozen. I have never had to wait for the punch to cool before pouring it, by doing it this way. I take 1 bag of punch out of the freezer an hour or so before serving and with it in my punch bowl, I scrape it with a metal spatula to make a consistent slush when the 2 liter is added. I've also sat it in my sink for an hour and let it thaw a bit on its own and/or microwaved it for a minute or so to get it to the consistency I wanted. If you forget to get it out beforehand or have unexpected company, just throw it in the microwave and it'll be ready in no time. This is very good with Gingerale as well. Feel free to change up the jello flavors, Try Wild Strawberry and Cherry combined for an extra treat. I have made this for 25+ years