Thursday, December 17, 2009
• 1/8 cup minced onion
• 1/8 cup minced green bell pepper
• 1 (12 ounce) can refrigerated biscuit dough
• 3 eggs, beaten
• 3 tablespoons milk
• 1/2 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
2. In a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat, combine sausage, onion and green pepper. Cook until sausage is evenly brown. Drain, crumble, and set aside.
3. Separate the dough into 10 individual biscuits. Flatten each biscuit out, then line the bottom and sides of 10 muffin cups. Evenly distribute sausage mixture between the cups. Mix together the eggs and milk, and divide between the cups. Sprinkle tops with shredded cheese.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes, or until filling is set.
• I use my turkey baster to suck the egg mixture out of the bowl, and then I squirt it over the sausage. This works great, and not nearly as messy as trying to pour the mixture into each muffin cup.