Friday, December 18, 2009
Parmesan Broccoli Balls
• 1 (6 ounce) package chicken flavored dry stuffing mix
• 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
• 1 medium onion, chopped
• 6 eggs, beaten
• 3/4 cup margarine, melted
• 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
• 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1. Place broccoli in a medium saucepan with enough water to cover. Cover, and bring to a boil. Cook 5 minutes. Uncover, and continue cooking 2 to 3 minutes, until tender. Remove from heat, drain, and cool.
2. In a large bowl, mix broccoli, stuffing mix, Parmesan cheese, onion, eggs, margarine, pepper, and garlic salt. Cover, and chill in the refrigerator approximately 1 hour, until moisture has been absorbed.
3. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
4. Roll the chilled mixture into 1 inch balls, and arrange on a medium baking sheet.
5. Bake 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven, until browned.
**Variation: increase the Parmesan Cheese to 1 cup and used fresh broccoli instead of frozen.