Tuesday, March 30, 2010
Triple-Decker Chicken Sandwich
• 1 pound(s) boneless, skinless chicken breast
• 1 teaspoon(s) sea salt
• 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground black pepper
• 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) wasabi powder
• 1 teaspoon(s) lemon juice
• 1/2 cup(s) mayonnaise
• 12 slice(s) (thin) pullman bread , toasted
• 1 bunch(es) watercress
• 1/4 red onion, sliced into rings
• 1 medium beefsteak tomato
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Fit a wire rack on a baking pan and place bacon strips in a single layer. Bake for 20 minutes, turn bacon strips, and continue to cook until brown and just crisp -- about 5 minutes more. Transfer bacon to a paper towel-lined plate to drain excess grease.
3. Season the chicken on both sides with salt and pepper and place on a lightly oiled baking pan. Bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees F, turn the meat over, and continue to bake until internal temperature at the center of the breast reaches 167 degrees F -- about 15 minutes more. Transfer chicken to a cutting board and let the meat rest for 15 minutes before slicing into 1/2-inch-thick strips.
4. Stir wasabi powder and lemon juice together until a paste forms. Blend in the mayonnaise, and evenly spread on the toasted bread. Place the watercress, chicken slices, and red onion on bread. Cut the beefsteak tomato into eight 1/4-inch-thick slices. Top with a slice of toast , then layer tomato and bacon. Top with remaining slices of bread, insert toothpicks, and cut into quarter triangles. Serve sandwiches immediately.