Tuesday, March 30, 2010
Super-Crunchy "Fried" Chicken
• 1/2 cup(s) fat-free buttermilk
• 1 large egg white
• 2 teaspoon(s) hot red pepper sauce
• 4 (6 ounces) chicken breast halves, boneless and skinless
• 1 cup(s) prepared cornflake cereal , crushed finely
• 2 teaspoon(s) paprika
• 1 teaspoon(s) dried thyme
• 1 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
• 1 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
• Olive oil cooking spray
1. In medium bowl, whisk buttermilk, egg white, and hot sauce until blended; add chicken pieces and turn to coat. Let marinate at room temperature. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Meanwhile, line a baking sheet with nonstick foil. Combine cornflake crumbs, paprika, thyme, garlic powder, and salt in a shallow pie plate or bowl.
3. Lift chicken pieces, one at a time, from buttermilk mixture and coat in seasoned crumb mixture. Place on prepared baking sheet. Lightly spray crumb coating with cooking spray.
4. Bake 16 to 18 minutes, until browned on the outside, chicken is no longer pink in thickest parts, and crumb coating is crusty.