Tuesday, March 30, 2010
Holiday Brunch Bake
• 1 dash(es) hot pepper sauce
• 2 package(s) (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed, well drained
• 4 slice(s) Oscar Mayer® Bacon, cooked, chopped
• 1 1/2 cup(s) shredded Cheddar cheese
• 1 cup(s) chopped red peppers
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Unfold pastry sheets. Roll out 1 sheet to 11-inch square; set aside. Roll out remaining sheet to 12-inch square; use to line bottom and side of greased 9-inch springform pan.
2. Remove 1 tablespoon eggs; set aside. Mix ricotta, pepper sauce, and spinach with remaining eggs. Layer half each of the bacon, cheese, egg mixture, and peppers in pastry-lined pan. Repeat layers. Cover with remaining pastry sheet; fold edges of pastry under and tuck inside pan. Brush top with reserved egg. Cut slits in top crust with sharp knife to allow steam to escape.
3. Bake 45 to 55 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 10 minutes. Run small knife around edge of pan to loosen crust before removing rim.
Make ahead: Assemble and bake pie as directed. Refrigerate several hours or overnight. When ready to serve, bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 30 to 40 minutes or until heated through.