Tuesday, March 30, 2010
Chicken Pizzettes Trio
• 1/2 cup(s) sliced red onions
• 3/4 teaspoon(s) olive oil
• 1 whole roasted chicken
• 1/2 cup(s) barbecue sauce
• 1/4 tablespoon(s) hot sauce
• 1 recipe Thin Crust Pizza Dough
• 1/2 cup(s) tomato sauce
• 4 pepperoncini, sliced into rings
• 1 small jalapeño, thinly sliced
• 1/4 teaspoon(s) chopped thyme
• 2 tablespoon(s) shredded Fontina cheese
• 2 tablespoon(s) crumbled blue cheese
• 2 tablespoon(s) shredded Cheddar cheese
• 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) crumbled bacon
1. Heat oven temperature to 500 degrees F. Sprinkle cornmeal over pizza peel or 2 baking pans.
2. Cook the onions in the olive oil in a small pan over medium heat until softened. Set aside.
3. Remove meat from the chicken, discard the skin, and shred meat. Toss one-third of the chicken with barbecue sauce and another one-third with the hot sauce.
4. Divide dough into 18 equal pieces and roll each piece on a floured surface using a floured rolling pin to a three-inch round. Transfer rounds to the prepared pans and top each with tomato sauce.
5. Top 6 rounds with the barbecue chicken, onions, and pepperoncini. Top 6 rounds with the hot sauce chicken and jalapeños. Top the remaining 6 rounds with the plain chicken and thyme.
6. Bake until crust is golden brown, about 10 minutes. Sprinkle the Fontina on the barbecue pizzas, blue cheese on the hot sauce pizzas, and Cheddar and bacon on the chicken-thyme pizzas. Bake for 1 more minute. Serve hot.
Tips & Techniques
Timesaver: Substitute pita bread to take the place of a traditional pizza crust.