Tuesday, March 30, 2010
Crunchy Cinnamon French Toast
• 1/2 cup(s) milk
• 1/3 cup(s) half-and-half
• 2 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
• 1/4 teaspoon(s) nutmeg
• 1/8 teaspoon(s) salt
• 2 1/2 cup(s) cornflakes, lightly crushed
• 2/3 cup(s) sliced almonds, lightly crushed
• 2 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter
• 8 slice(s) bread
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Whisk together the eggs, milk, half-and-half, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt in a shallow baking dish and set aside. Combine the cornflakes and almonds in another shallow dish.
2. Melt 1/2 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over low heat. Dip 2 slices of bread in the egg mixture and lightly coat each side. Transfer the slices to the cornflake mixture, turn to coat, and place in the prepared skillet.
3. Cook for 3 minutes on each side, transfer to a baking sheet, and set aside. Repeat with the remaining butter and bread slices. Place in the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Serve immediately or keep warm in 200 degree F oven.