Tuesday, March 30, 2010
Easy Skillet Frittata
• 1/2 cup(s) (1/2 of 8-ounce tub) cream cheese spread
• 1/2 cup(s) chopped red pepper
• 1/2 cup(s) chopped green pepper
• 6 slice(s) Oscar Mayer® Bacon, crispy, cooked, drained, and crumbled
• 1 cup(s) Mexican-style shredded cheese, divided
• 3 tablespoon(s) chopped fresh cilantro
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Beat eggs and cream cheese spread with wire whisk until well blended; set aside. Spray 10-inch ovenproof nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Add peppers to skillet; cook and stir 2 minutes or until crisp-tender.
2. Add bacon to cream cheese mixture along with 3/4 cup of the shredded cheese and the cilantro; stir until well blended. Add to ingredients in skillet; stir. Cover skillet with lid. Reduce heat to low; cook 6 to 8 minutes or until egg mixture is almost set in center. Remove lid. Place skillet in oven.
3. Bake 5 minutes or until center is set. Remove from oven. Top with remaining 1/4 cup shredded cheese; cover with lid. Let stand 2 minutes. Loosen frittata from side of skillet with spatula; slide onto serving plate. Cut into wedges to serve.