Monday, October 12, 2009
Uncle Bill's Chicken Strips
• 2 eggs
• 6 tablespoons buttermilk
• 1 1/2 cups dried bread crumbs
• 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
• 1 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
• 1 1/2 teaspoons dried dill weed
• 1/3 cup butter, melted
• Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
• Remove all fat from chicken breasts and cut into 1 inch by 4 inch strips. In a bowl, whisk together the eggs and buttermilk. In a plastic resealable bag mix together the bread crumbs, grated cheese, garlic powder, salt, pepper and dill weed.
• Dip each chicken strips into buttermilk mixture, then into bread crumb mixture (about 4 strips at a time), and toss to coat well. Place strips in a single layer in a 9x13 inch baking dish and drizzle with melted butter/margarine. Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown, turning once after about 8 minutes of baking time.