Thursday, October 22, 2009
To Die For Toffee
• 1 cup(s) (2 sticks) unsalted butter
• 1 cup(s) sugar
• 1/3 cup(s) water
• 1/2 teaspoon(s) vanilla
• 3/4 teaspoon(s) salt
• 1 package(s) (12-oz. ) milk chocolate chips
• 1 cup(s) finely ground pecans
• Place almonds in a single layer on a foil-lined baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Combine next five ingredients in a heavy saucepan over high heat; bring to rolling boil.
• Cook mixture for 15 to 18 minutes, stirring constantly, until a candy thermometer registers 310ºF and mixture turns golden brown. Immediately pour over almonds (do not scrape the pan). Promptly sprinkle with chocolate chips. When melted, spread the chocolate evenly to 1/2 inch from sides. Sprinkle with ground pecans. Cool completely; break into pieces and store in an airtight container.