Monday, October 12, 2009
Meatball Grinders w/ Yummy Sauce
• 1 (10 ounce) jar apple jelly
• 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 1 (16 ounce) package frozen meatballs
• 6 hoagie rolls, split lengthwise
• 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
• In a large saucepan, mix pizza sauce, apple jelly, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Bring to a low boil over medium heat.
• Place frozen meatballs into the sauce mixture. Cover and simmer over medium heat for 20 minutes, or until meatballs are done, stirring occasionally.
• While the meatballs are cooking, preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Place the split hoagie rolls on a large baking sheet.
• Place several meatballs and desired amount of sauce in each roll. Layer with mozzarella cheese. Place in the preheated oven for 2 to 3 minutes, or until cheese is melted.