Tuesday, October 6, 2009
• 1/2-1 lb lean hamburger
• 1 Spanish onion, chopped medium (optional)
• 2-3 cloves crushed garlic (optional)
• 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes, with juice,cut tomatoes in half or stewed tomatoes
• 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can Campbell's cheddar cheese soup (Grandma & Mom used real grated cheese)
• 2-4 cups grated cheddar cheese, or slices to cover top of casserole
• salt and pepper
Cook elbow macaroni "Al dente",according to instructions on box,drain, add to large casserole.
Brown hamburger with spanish onion and garlic, if using, until no longer pink, drain any fat through colander, add drained mixture to casserole.
Add cheese soup, no water, to casserole.
Add tomatoes to casserole.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
Mix thoroughly, in casserole, to evenly distribute ingredients.
Spread grated or sliced cheddar evenly over top of casserole.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees, bake, uncovered for 30 minutes or util bubbling around edges of casserole and cheese topping is melted and slightly browned.
Serves 4-6 or with a salad 8.