Monday, October 12, 2009
Guacamole Chicken Melt
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
• 2 teaspoons Creole-style seasoning
• 2 avocados, peeled and pitted
• 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
• 1 small tomato, diced
• 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
• garlic powder to taste
• salt and pepper to taste
• 4 slices pepper jack cheese
• Preheat oven broiler, and set the oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source.
• Heat the butter and olive oil in a skillet over medium heat, and pan-fry the chicken breasts for about 10 minutes per side until no longer pink on the inside and golden brown on the outside, sprinkling each side with Creole seasoning.
• Scoop the avocados into a bowl, and mash them with the lime juice, tomato, onion, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
• Spoon about 1/3 cup of guacamole onto each chicken breast, top with a slice of pepper jack cheese, and broil for 2 to 4 minutes, until the cheese is melted and bubbling.