Monday, October 12, 2009
Broiled Lemon and Garlic Shrimp
• 1 cup butter
• 1 teaspoon minced garlic
• 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
• 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
• Preheat oven on broiler setting. With a sharp knife, remove tails from prawns, and butterfly them from the underside. Arrange prawns on broiler pan.
• In a small saucepan, melt butter with garlic and lemon juice. Pour 1/4 cup butter mixture in a small bowl, and brush onto prawns. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over shrimp.
• Place broiler pan on top rack, and broil prawns for 4 to 5 minutes, or until done. Serve with remaining butter mixture for dipping.
**Excellent! Instead of putting it on a pan, try putting the shrimp in separate cups made of aluminum foil. Pour in the butter mixture and broil. The aluminum foil kept in all the sweet juices from the shrimp! Yummm!
***Great with pasta, and also great w/steamed rice, it had lots of flavor.