Thursday, July 22, 2010

Vanilla Ice Cream

• quarts half-and-half cream
• 1/2 pint heavy cream
• 1 1/2 cups white sugar
• 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
• 1 pinch salt

Combine half-and-half, cream, sugar, vanilla and salt in freezer container of ice cream maker. Freeze according to manufacturer's instructions.

Ok this recipe was so easy and for all of you who loved it try this: I added 1/4 cup of Carnation Coffee-Mate French Vanilla creamer this added a wonderfull flavor and everyone wanted to know what I did to make it taste so rich. worked great will keep this recipe

I have made this recipe numerous times with numerous alterations and have finally find the one that works for me. I heat the half-n-half/cream and sugar on the stove until the sugar is dissolved the night before I want to make the ice cream. I chill the mixture all night. I put the ice cream in my ice cream maker for about 25 min. Put it in the freezer for about 2 hours. Take it out and let it soften a little and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment