Friday, July 30, 2010
Sun Dried Tomato and Asiago Cheese Bread
• 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
• 1 teaspoon lemon juice
• 2 tablespoons white sugar
• 2 tablespoons instant powdered milk
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 2 1/2 cups bread flour
• 1/2 cup amaranth flour
• 2 tablespoons chopped sun-dried tomatoes
• 1/4 cup grated Asiago cheese
• 1 teaspoon dried basil (optional)
• 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
1. Place all ingredients into bread machine in order given.
2. Bake according to bread machine directions for regular bake.
To make this recipe by hand - First dissolve the yeast in 1 cup warm water, then add the rest of ingredients in order listed. Allow it to rise for 1 hour until doubled, then punch down. Allow to rest on baking sheet for 15 minutes. Cook at 375 for 25-30 minutes until lightly browned.
This bread is delicious. I only had oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes so I rinsed them in hot water first ... it worked great!