Thursday, July 22, 2010
Tangy Shrimp and Scallops
• 28 sea scallops
• 1/2 cup butter or margarine
• 7 tablespoons lemon juice
• 5 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
• 2 teaspoons garlic powder
• 1 teaspoon paprika
1. Place shrimp and scallops in a large re-sealable plastic bag. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the butter, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder and paprika. Microwave at 50% power for 1-1/2 minutes or until butter is melted. Stir to blend; set aside 1/3 cup for basting. Pour remaining marinade over shrimp and scallops. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1 hour, turning occasionally.
2. Drain and discard marinade. Alternately thread shrimp and scallops on metal or soaked wooden skewers.
3. Grill, uncovered, over medium-hot heat for 6 minutes, turning once. Brush with reserved marinade. Grill 8-10 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink and scallops are opaque.
**Really good! However, scallops do not hold the flavor of the marinade as well as the shrimp - however, the grilled scallops were SO delicious that they really don't need the marinade flavor! I just squeezed a bit of lemon on my scallops and they were great.