Thursday, July 22, 2010
Rosemary Ranch Chicken Kabobs
• 1/2 cup ranch dressing
• 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
• 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
• 2 teaspoons salt
• 1 teaspoon lemon juice
• 1 teaspoon white vinegar
• 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, or to taste
• 1 tablespoon white sugar, or to taste (optional)
• 5 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into 1 inch cubes
1. In a medium bowl, stir together the olive oil, ranch dressing, Worcestershire sauce, rosemary, salt, lemon juice, white vinegar, pepper, and sugar. Let stand for 5 minutes. Place chicken in the bowl, and stir to coat with the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
2. Preheat the grill for medium-high heat. Thread chicken onto skewers and discard marinade.
3. Lightly oil the grill grate. Grill skewers for 8 to 12 minutes, or until the chicken is no longer pink in the center, and the juices run clear.
These were HEAVENLY! I lined a grill basket with tinfoil and put the chicken and some marinade into it and grilled the pieces that way. I used dried rosemary and cut the sugar in half. I also used low fat ranch dressing and completely omitted the salt because it just isn't necessary. These were melt in your mouth MOIST and DELICIOUS!! The marinade from the grill basket was also incredible poured over white rice.
EDIT: I've since made this recipe on the stove top and in the oven in order to use up all the marinade (which is INCREDIBLE on rice) and both alternate methods are good by the oven is a better 2nd choice as the stove top method tended to dry the chicken out a bit but still tasted great! I bake it with all the marinade on 450 for 20 minutes. Melt in your mouth moist!
I have also marinated thie veggies that I used also (Vidalia onion, red and green bell pepper, and yellow squash) and it came out absolutely luscious. I made this with both the dried rosemary and again with the fresh rosemary, and I think that the fresh rosemary really adds a lot to the flavor. This will be a favorite recipe in the summer grilling months at our home!