Thursday, July 22, 2010
Southwest Stuffed Chicken
• 6 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, cut into 2-inch x 1/2-inch sticks
• 2 (4 ounce) cans chopped green chilies, drained
• 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
• 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
• 1 tablespoon chili powder
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
• 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
• 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
1. Flatten chicken to /18-in. thickness. Place a cheese stick down the middle of each; top with chilies. Roll up and tuck in ends. Secure with a toothpick. In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, chili powder, salt and cumin. Coat chicken with flour, then dip in butter and roll in crumb mixture.
2. Place roll-ups, seam side down, in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 400 degrees F for 25 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Discard toothpicks.