Friday, July 30, 2010
• 1/3 cup olive oil
• 6 tablespoons finely chopped fresh garlic
• 5 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
• 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
• 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
• 1 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
2. Roll out pizza dough to form a 10x16 inch sheet of dough. Cut the sheet into 3/4 inch parallel strips. Then cut these strips in half making about 24 pieces. Tie each strip into a knot and place these knotted strips of dough close together in a greased pan.
3. Bake in preheated oven until golden brown. Remove the knots from the oven, place them in a big bowl. While the knots are still hot, drizzle them with olive oil. Sprinkle with garlic, cheese, parsley, red pepper and salt. Toss well and serve.
Pour the toppings over them right when they come out so it soaks in. If you wait until they are cold it coats the outside and gets messy.