Thursday, July 22, 2010
Blenda's Strawberry Slush Delight
• 6 cups water
• 1 (46 fluid ounce) can pineapple juice
• 1 (12 fluid ounce) can frozen lemonade concentrate
• 2 (12 fluid ounce) cans frozen orange juice concentrate
• 1 quart strawberries (fresh or frozen) pureed in a blender
• 2 cups rum, or to taste
• 2 (2 liter) bottles chilled lemon-lime soda
1. In a saucepan, dissolve the sugar in the water by bringing it to a boil over medium-high heat. Turn off the heat and allow it to cool.
2. Combine the sugar water with the pineapple juice, lemonade, orange juice and pureed strawberries in a 6-quart container. Mix in the rum to taste. Put the entire mixture into a large plastic ice cream pail and freeze overnight.
3. To make the drinks to order, scoop 1/2 cup of the frozen mixture into an 8 oz glass. Fill the glass with lemon-lime soda and serve with a straw. Keeps well in freezer for up to one month.
I catered a wedding shower which had a beach theme. We set up the tiki bar with this drink and everyone loved it! Froze this in sand buckets and served with an ice cream scoop. Thanks for a great drink!!