Wednesday, February 10, 2010
Puppy Chow ~ For People
• 9 cups crispy rice cereal squares
• 1/2 cup peanut butter
• 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
• ¼ cup butter
• 1 t. vanilla
• 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
• Into large (2 gallon zip lock bag, measure cereal; set aside.
• In a saucepan over low heat, melt the chocolate; add peanut butter, butter, mix until smooth, add vanilla, or In 1-quart microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter uncovered on High 1 minute; stir. Microwave about 30 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth. Stir in vanilla. Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated. Pour into 2-gallon re-sealable food-storage plastic bag.
• Add powdered sugar. Seal bag; shake until well coated. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.