Tuesday, February 2, 2010
1 cup whipping cream
6 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, chopped
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. In a medium saucepan over low heat, stir whipping cream and chocolate until smooth, about 15 minutes.
2. Stir in vanilla. Serve warm.
1/2 cup sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 1/2-2 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup water (more or less, as needed to make a stirable consistency)
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1.Combine sugar, cocoa, and salt in small saucepan.
2. Add enough water to make stirable consistency.
3. Add butter to cocoa mixture.
4. Bring to a boil over medium high heat, stirring constantly.
5. Allow to boil for 1 minute, stirring.
6. Remove from heat.
7. Add vanilla.
8. Serve warm over ice cream.
9. Add sliced bananas and chopped walnuts if you really want a treat!
1/4 cup butter
4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
2/3 cup boiling water
2 cups sugar
1/4 cup light corn syrup
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons vanilla