Wednesday, February 3, 2010
• 1/2 cup(s) (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature, plus more for pan
• 1/2 cup(s) confectioners' sugar , plus more for dusting
• 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
• 1 cup(s) all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
• 4 large egg yolks
• 1 can(s) (14-ounce) sweetened condensed milk
• 3/4 cup(s) fresh lemon juice (from about 3 lemons)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter an 8-inch square baking pan. Line bottom with parchment paper, leaving an overhang on two sides; butter paper.
2. Make crust: Using an electric mixer, beat butter, sugar, and salt until light and fluffy. Add flour, and mix on low just until combined. Press dough into the bottom and 1/2 inch up sides of prepared pan; prick all over with a fork. Bake until lightly golden, 15 to 20 minutes.
3. Make filling: In a large bowl, whisk together yolks, condensed milk, and lemon juice until smooth. Pour over hot crust in pan; return to oven, and bake until filling is set, 25 to 30 minutes. Cool completely in pan.
4. Refrigerate until filling is firm, about 2 hours or up to 3 days. Using paper overhang, lift cake onto a work surface; cut into 16 squares, and dust with confectioners sugar.