Wednesday, February 17, 2010
• 2 eggs
• 1 onion, chopped
• 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
• 3/4 cup crushed crackers
• 1 cup crushed potato chips
• 3/4 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring
• 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1 pinch cayenne pepper
• 6 slices bacon
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2. In a large bowl, combine the beef, eggs, onion, barbecue sauce, cracker crumbs, potato chips, liquid smoke, ground black pepper, salt, garlic powder and cayenne pepper and mix well.
3. On a lightly greased cookie sheet, shape the mixture into a loaf. Lay the bacon slices across the width of the loaf so that the entire surface is covered. Cover the loaf loosely with foil.
4. Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 1 1/2 hours.
I used the last part of a bag of Cape Cod Sea Salt and Cracked Black Pepper flavored chips. It was awesome!