Friday, April 2, 2010
Asian Spinach Salad
• 1 1/2 pounds boneless chicken breast
• 1 cup Newman's Own® Teriyaki Marinade
• 1 (3 ounce) package ramen noodles
• 1/2 cup slivered almonds
• 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
• 1 tablespoon sesame oil
• 2 bunches baby spinach
• 3 scallions
• 8 ounces Mandarin oranges
• 1/3 cup Newman's Own® Lighten Up® Low Fat Sesame Ginger Dressing
1. Clean and trim chicken. Place in bowl with 1 cup marinade. Cover and refrigerate for an hour or longer.
2. Remove from bowl, discard marinade and grill or saute over medium heat, approximately 7 minutes each side. Set aside, let cool, then shred into small pieces with two forks.
3. In medium saute pan over medium heat add sesame oil. Crumble ramen noodles and add to pan along with almond slices and sesame seeds. Lightly brown and remove from heat.
4. Wash and dry baby spinach and place in a large bowl. Thinly slice scallions and add to spinach. Add Mandarin oranges and shredded chicken.
5. Drizzle salad with Sesame Ginger Dressing to taste, toss, and serve.
Amount Per Serving Calories: 224
Total Fat: 6.8g