Monday, January 25, 2010
Spinach Salad w/ Pepper Jelly Dressing
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1/8 teaspoon salt
• 1/8 teaspoon Dijon mustard
• 2 cups baby spinach leaves
• 2 ounces goat cheese, sliced
• 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
1. In a small bowl, whisk together the pepper jelly, olive oil, salt and mustard to make the dressing. Heat in the microwave for 30 seconds. Let cool.
2. Place the spinach in a large bowl, and toss with the dressing. Divide between two serving bowls. Top each one with slices of goat cheese and sprinkle with walnuts.