• 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces, or shredded
• 3 cups Swanson® Chicken Broth • 1 cup Pace® Thick & Chunky Salsa
• 3 cloves garlic, minced
• 2 teaspoons ground cumin
• 2 (16 ounce) can small white beans, rinsed and drained
• 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
• 1 large onion, chopped
1. Heat the oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until it's well browned, stirring often.
2. Stir the chicken, broth, salsa, garlic, cumin, beans, corn and onion in a 3 1/2-quart slow cooker. Add the chicken.
3. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 9 hours* or until the chicken is cooked through
Optional add in’s: extra salsa, green chiles, cayenne, top with cilantro, sour cream, jack cheese, tortilla chips
Keith Byrd's Version
4 chicken breasts. Boiled and shredded
1 medium onion. Chopped fine.
4 cans Great Northern White Beans
1 can of chopped green chilis (4 oz.)
2 cans of chicken broth. (May not use all of broth, depending on desired thickness).
1 tsp Cumin
2 tsp Oregano
Chili Powder (to taste)
***I also add some Chipotle Chili Pepper seasoning.
Little bit of Salt