- 1 1/2 pounds chicken (boneless & skinless)
- 1 1/2 cups prepared enchilada sauce
- 2 chopped celery stalks
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans tomatoes with seasoning (your choice)
- 2 (15 oz) cans pinto or kidney beans, undrained
- 1 onion, diced (or 1 tablespoon dried, minced onion flakes)
- 1-2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
Pour enchilada sauce and canned tomatoes into the bottom of a 6 quart slow cooker. Add beans, celery, onion and spices. Stir to combine. Place chicken on top.
Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours, or until flavors have combined. If you are using dried beans, you may need to cook longer to fully soften the beans. Since I was using the chicken quarters I got on sale, I fished out the chicken after about 4 hours, and removed the bones. I then stirred the chicken back into the pot.
Serve with shredded cheddar cheese and a dollop of sour cream, if desired.